THE 2008 CONVENT STUDIO SALON SHOW
CONVENT STUDIO ARTISTS
Serving as the mother-house of the Sister’s of the Good Shepherd in Australasia for 112 years, the Abbotsford Convent now houses artists, arts workers and creative organisations. The pantries which once stored the food and produce needs for the 1200 women and girls who lived on site now function as the c3 contemporary art space, while the ground floor spaces of the Convent now host regular special events, conferences and arts, craft & design markets.
The first and second floors of the Convent where the Nuns were housed in dormitories and cells are now the creative base for painters, illustrators, poets, writers, weavers, designers, jewelers, performers, musicians, singers and more.
This exhibition is representative of the work of these artists. The Convent Salon Show exemplifies the diversity of creative practice based at the Abbotsford Convent today.